A review of The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare


The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
Rating 3 out of 5
It's no secret that I have a love/hate relationship with Cassandra Clare's universe of Shadowhunters.

So for this purpose I have compiled a list of things I like and don't like (warning, some spoilers ahead):

Like:
-Magnus Bane (he's just too rad, and the only reason I stuck around)
-Alec Lightwood (Also pretty rad, except for that one part where he decided that he really wants Magnus to die with him. Like what the heck? That sudden personality change was too much for me.)
-Jem Carstairs (Why must the good ones all have to be dying?)
-Simon (He got tossed into a world of people who looked down on them, got turned into a vampire, and then volunteered to loose his memories of his friends to save his friends. That earns my approval.)

Dislike:

Jace Wayland/Morgenstern/Lightwood/Herondale & Will Herondale (I have the same reason for disliking them. One, their plot-lines just are too similar, and their both really obnoxious in the beginning. Second, even though they both magically become happy rainbow vomiting sunshines, there is still something off about them that I don't like.)
Tessa Gray (Now, I started off liking her, but her comments on the Silent Brothers really irritated me.)
Clary Fairchild/Fray (I cannot declare enough how much I hate her. I will instead dedicate a post to my hatred of her later.)

    So that probably isn't all of them, but I can't get this review too long.


   The Bane Chronicles is a compilation of stories of the immortally awesome Magnus Bane throughout his extremely long life (though no one knows how old he really is).
   They follow him through events that he will mention later, like why he was banned from Peru, text messages he was sent from Alec, Isabelle, and others, and his time having Raphael Santiago as a roommate.

   While they were entertaining to read, I don't feel like they explained anything I needed to know to me, and sometimes the titles were misleading (MAGNUS DOES NOT KNOW WHY HE WAS BANNED FROM PERU!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!!!)

   But all in all, it was a fun book, and I would definitely beg my mother to buy it for me.

                                                                                         















Comments

Popular Posts